Thank you for choosing Senator Windows. Now that you have invested in your windows and doors you want to keep them in premium condition for years to come. To get the best from your windows and doors and to ensure that your guarantee is adhered to, we advise you to follow our maintenance guidelines. In the unlikely event of any diﬃculties, please contact your Senator Dealer in the ﬁrst instance, who will be pleased to help you. Your Senator Dealers details can be found here.
Here at Senator all of our products are manufactured to the highest quality standards. All PVC and Aluminium windows and doors made by Senator are covered by a 15 year guarantee so you can be confident that you’re investing in products that will improve your home for many years to come. For further information and full guarantee terms and conditions please contact your local dealer.
This information is designed to help you take care of your Senator windows and doors.
- It is advisable to carry out routine maintenance twice a year, although this may need to be done more frequently in areas of high exposure.
- As a general rule, all parts exposed when the window is closed should be washed down with warm soapy water using a soft cloth, rinsed well and dried thoroughly.
- Avoid ammonia and abrasive cleaning agents, particularly on handles and other metal ﬁxings.
- Parts exposed when the window or door is open should be simply wiped clean, removing grime from old lubricant, airborne debris and remains of insect life.
- Special attention should be paid to keep the drainage channels free and clear of blockages.
Moving parts and ﬁxing should be treated as follows.
- A very light application of petroleum jelly or equivalent will keep the locking mechanism in good working order.
- A suitable acid and resin free grease or lubricant should be used in the sliding bars, gears and face plates.
- Maintenance of friction stays/hinges is critical and it is important to follow instruction for lubrication and adjustment.
- Check that all ﬁxings are secure.
- Clean the glass regularly with a good quality liquid spray glass cleaner.
- Wash down the uPVC/Aluminium proﬁles and doors twice a year with warm soapy water, rinse well and wipe dry.
- Only use cleaning materials which don’t impair anti-corrosion properties of the surface coatings.
- Keep all tracks clear of dust and debris in order to reduce wear and tear on sliding parts.
- Ensure all moving parts are lubricated with a small application of light oil once a year.
- Replace damaged or worn parts with original Senator parts.
- Don’t paint any Senator products.
- Avoid all paste and cream cleaners.
- Don’t use abrasives, paste, cream cleaner or brass cleaner on furniture: handles, door knockers, letter plates.
- Never use any type of bleach, solvent or abrasive.
- Never use glass cleaner on the uPVC or Aluminium proﬁle.