In 1985, in a fragmented and unregulated market, two men, Noel McSweeney and Des Corrigan, seized the opportunity to establish a window and door manufacturing company that would guarantee customers choice and quality.
They called their new enterprise, Senator Windows.
In the 25 years since that day, Senator has grown to be the market-leading PVC window and door manufacturer in Ireland. Having introduced industry-leading standards and having won numerous awards for quality, Senator has also achieved an unrivalled status in the marketplace. That growth and status have been achieved by constantly innovating and consistently developing our products and brand.
A quick glance at the history of Senator Windows demonstrates this very clearly:
- In 1987 Senator was the first company in Ireland to introduce safety glass as standard in patio doors.
- In 1989 Senator was the first Irish window company to be awarded Irish Agrement Board certification for quality.
- In 1991 senator was the first to be awarded ISO 9002 and the Q mark.
- In 1992 we became the first window company to introduce K-glass as standard in all windows. 11 years later, in 2003, it has become law as part of the Building Regulations. In 1998 we became the first Irish window company to achieve the coveted British Standards Institute Kite Mark
- In 2001 Senator was chosen by Pilkington to be the first window company in the world to supply Pilkington Activ Self-Cleaning glass to the market.
- In 2007 Senator doors were certified to the stringent PAS 24 security for doors.
- And in 2009 we announced that we are now offering A rated casement windows as standard.
In 2006 Senator Windows, by then easily the most recognizable brand in the industry, became part of the Gowan Group.
This has allowed us to invest further in the brand and to ensure that we continue to make history in the window industry.